Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap WATCH to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LISTEN to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LATEST NEWS to start the live stream.

LISTEN
Watch
on air now

Create a 4BC account today!

You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 4BC content and other benefits.


Joining is free and easy.

You will soon need to register to keep streaming 4BC online. Register an account or skip for now to do it later.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Broncos head coach opens up on season opener and plans for the future

Peter Psaltis
Article image for Broncos head coach opens up on season opener and plans for the future

Kevin Walters, head coach of the Brisbane Broncos, has told Peter Psaltis on 4BC Wide World of Sport that he is looking positive for the season ahead.

The Brisbane Broncos recently confirmed coach Kevin Walters had signed a one-year contract extension to remain with the club until at least 2023.

“We got lost a bit last year through different times, but we just need to enjoy being a Bronco’s player, and that means getting out there and having a crack on game day,” he said.

“At different times last year before we made the changes sort of mid-season, there were games there where it just wasn’t right to be a Bronco with what we’re going out with.”

The head coach said that COVID-19 had provided a bumpy start for the season for the team.

“We’ve actually got up to seven players unavailable this weekend through injuries suspension and COVID, so not the greatest way to start the season,” he said.

“One of our mantras that we want to be this year is a more resilient club and a more resilient footy team, so that will test us well on Friday night with the unavailability with some of those players.”

Press PLAY below to hear the full chat on Kevvie Walters and the upcoming season.

 

Peter Psaltis
Advertisement